4/2 I shared….
I recently had a conversation with Paul Allison about wanting kids to post meaningful educational quotes and resources on their Twitter and Facebook sites. This conversation grew from an article I read from a Twitter feed: “How do we leverage the backchanneling that students already do?” http://t.co/0sEtlS8M After reading the article we both agree that as teachers we must provide the kids with engaging learning opportunities that they will WANT to share.
Isn’t that the problem that has been plaguing teachers for ages: how do we get the kids to want to do and share the work?
I have integrated technology into my classes as a way of introducing them to novel publication methods that I hope will motivate them to complete assignments. Does it work? Yes with some and No with others. Just like with pen and paper. Go figure.
What I decided to do is to have them create posts that re-cap their online postings from the week from Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc. I will give them parameters because I don’t need them to re-post inappropriate posts but I do what them to take stock of what they publish. I hope that once they begin to look at and summarize the information that they share regularly, they will feel compelled to clean up their digital footsteps and publish work that they will not be embarrassed to re-post.
Here is my cleaned up (cleaned up because I took out my many postings to Foursquare about where I went and what I did) work from this week from Twitter, Facebook and Google+
Daily Twitter Newspaper
- was released – The Ms. B. is Online Daily is out! http://paper.li/MsBisOnline
- Blog Post: My Detox for week – April 2nd. This detox is a recap of work done in class. Thx http://YouthVoices.net crew 4 the idea.
- I uploaded a
@YouTube video http://youtu.be/rYVXpH4UESY?a Screencast by MsBisOnline from Screenr
- Blog Post: I am good at sharing Tech Tools and Tips http://networkedblogs.com/w9c6Q
- Blog Post: I am passionate about SHARING http://networkedblogs.com/w9wgX
- I uploaded a
@YouTube video http://youtu.be/wQmCiEriPnU?a Why I should go to DENSI 2012
- The greatest wealth is to live content with little. ~ Plato
- “The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind – Wayne Dyer”
- “Are You In Hiding? Or Shining Brightly?”
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt”
- “The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Words Of Wisdom from Maya Angelou http://ow.ly/6CAlN via
- Action=Results=Success=Confidence=Action via
- When it comes down to it, the last person you think of at night is the one who truly matters to you.
- As my own children get older and begin to see the world differently, the more important it is for me to teach LOVE and UNDERSTANDING.
- http://chompchomp.com/presentations.htm Grammar based worksheets and presentations
- http://chompchomp.com/rules.htm. Grammar tips and rules
- Send Text Messages To Groups Of People With SendHubhttp://bit.ly/HjY7qQ // GREAT potential for teachers!!!
- Teachers, don’t make tedious jeopardy PPTs any more:http://jeopardylabs.com/. Cool site!
- Ten Tips for Personalized Learning via Technology
- Apply for the DEN Leadership Council 2012-2013 – DEN Blog Network http://t.co/M95Kgj8a
Must Read Articles or Must Watch Videos
- “Use of
#childsoldiers can be eradicated, says UN envoy working to protect rights of children in conflict http://j.mp/HdNzpR” via @UN
- Change a mood, mind, heart 2day w/these 2 words by
@angelamaiers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FHdHUzRnms #YouMatter
- Teachers and Students As Media Producers | MindShift http://bit.ly/HjwHBz
- Ten Tips for Personalized Learning via Technology http://www.edutopia.org/stw-differentiated-instruction-ten-key-lessons#.T36XeN8nkxw.twitter
- Digital Differentiation http://d97cooltools.blogspot.fr/2012/02/digital-differentiation-get-wired.html
- DEN Summer Institute 2012 – DEN Blog Network http://blog.discoveryeducation.com/blog/2012/04/05/den-summer-institute-2012-2/ I am going!!! How about you?