Just finished Talking Twitter with a friend and decided to share with you all.
1. Profile picture: be sure to add a picture to will allow your followers to connect with you. It does not have to be a picture of you, this is a wordle that I use for an avatar.
2. Micro-blog message: Twitter allows you to post a message using 140 characters or less.
3. Reply button: click button to reply to the sender.
4. Delete button: click the trashcan if you have an uh-oh/whoops moment.
5. Favorite button: thick this button to ‘favorite’ a tweet. It also displays the number of times the tweet has been favorited.
6. Time stamp: time and date the tweet was posted.
7. Reply box: if replying to the tweet, put your message in this box.
8, Real name: your “real name.” I use Valerie Burton for my PLN and Ms. Burton for my students.
9. Twitter psuedonym: Twitter name, think carefully about how you want to represent yourself. You can change it, but try not to do this often because you don’t want to confuse followers.
10. Twitter mentions: your username preceded by the @ symbol in a Tweet is called it a “mention” and it means that someone is talking about/or to you.
11. Link: resource link included in the Tweet.
12. Hashtag: The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet
13. Picture: pictures can be uploaded into tweets.
14. More button: the more button allows you to send tweet as an email or get the embed code so that you can embed it onto your blog or webpage.
My 11/31 slice