Today’s 20 Blog Challenge topic asks me to name a website that I can’t live without. I really thought about this for awhile because so many of them came to mind. I started to select my class assignment blog or my PLN blog and then I realized that I visit them often but not daily. Twitter I visit daily, hourly … or in reality every 10 minutes on average. Everything that I have done ‘new’ in my class is a result of a tweet. Twitter connects me with other educators from around the world. THE WORLD. How awesome is that?
Why??? Hmmm, I share and look for resources regularly. Everyday I look for ways to
perfect improve my craft. My students are always amazed when I tell them that I am going to a conference, meeting, class or webinar because I want to not because I have to. I try to explain that I do consider myself to be a lifelong learner who is constantly trying to get new ideas, activities or resources. I tell them that I would not be a good teacher or mother if I did not try to find ways to et better at everything I do. There are some things that I will use and some things that I will not. I read articles and blogs that I think are interesting. they may or may not help me out in life or my class but I think that it is important for me to exercise my brain and my creative nature.
I named my blog To blog is to share and to learn for a reason.
Here is one of the first Tweets that I sent out for the new year:
— Valerie R. Burton (@MsBisOnline) January 1, 2014
Each of these tweeple (and many more) has shaped my professional and personal world. From them I have learned:
- To value Twitter and the connection it brings me to other educators
- To dare my students to be creative and excel and perform Romeo and Juliet for the world to see
- To open up my heart and share my life, whether it is the death of a dog or the death of a parent
- To present online or face-to-face as much as possible because it is something that I love to do
- To blog and accept blogging challenges
- To connect with others and organize an EdCamp in my city if I feel strongly
My Twittersphere is large and it is awesome. Thanks to you all.
Thanks @kellyhines for the motivation to share.