Here are some of the videos that were created as part of our #PassionateScholars Project. The Goal of the assignment was to create a video that introduces the class to their research subjects. I wanted them to pay attention to the subject matter so that the viewing audience would get a sense of what they found moving and important about their topic.
Their Proposal Pitch Video was to
- engage the viewers with the appropriate use of images and design elements,
- present the idea in a professional, well-prepared manner,
- be under two minutes in length,
- allow us to see what they are passionate about and how important this issue is, and
- be posted to our class website for our class to vote on.
Jennifer Ward has shared many of the resources that she uses in her class and I am using them with my classes. This is our first try at it and I am hopeful that many of them will benefit from the experience of being able to self-select a research topic. We had limited time on the computers so I was not able to consult with them to stress and re-stress the requirements to make sure that everyone was on the
same right page.
We used Animoto.com and I was amazed at the attention that many paid to the creation of their videos. I continuously reminded them not to get caught up in the bells and whistles of the site.
Below are just a few of the videos that my classes produced.