RT @storytellin: Xtranormal | Text-to-Movie http://bit.ly/hMc2u
Site has tons of tips and resources for kids to use. http://bit.ly/nCyca
Quick Reference Guides
|These reference guides provide answers to common questions about writing and English or language arts classes.
When you meet someone for the first time or join a new class, you usually have to introduce yourself. Most blogs have a page called ‘About’ or ‘About me’ or ‘My profile’.
Activity 1. Write or update your ‘About me’ page. Tell your readers your first name only, a bit about your interests but remember to be internet savvy and not give out any personal details. Check out these from students in my class – Allira , Jess and Nicholas. If you wrote your ‘About’ page last year, things will have changed – so update the information or improve the layout of what you have written to make it easier for your readers to understand.
Because Sue Waters (from The Edublogger) and I want to know which students are more interested in doing activities relating to commenting, we would like everyone to do the next activity.
Activity 2. Write a post to answer the following questions.
- Why did you join the blogging challenge?
- Do you want to take part in the commenting section more than the better blogger section? Why?
- What do you hope some of the activities include?
- Finally, what do you hope to get out of the challenge by the end of the ten weeks?
- If doing the commenting challenge, leave a comment on this post for me to read.
Here are my Twitter friends. I listen to their tweets and appreciate their contributions to my Professional/Personal Learning Network.
Thanks everyone. You have ALL helped me to grow.
Help me to help you. Take the last few minutes of class to respond to the response starters below. Be sure that your responses are honest, thoughtful and several sentences long.
- So far, I’ve learned…
- ___ made me think of…
- ___ didn’t make sense.
- I think ___ will happen next.
- I reread that part because…
- I was confused by…
- I think the most important part was…
- ___ is interesting because…
- I wonder why…
- I just thought of…